Current conditions in York

Friday, September 19, 2008

Final night in York

So that's it! Tonight is my final night in York, in this dormitory, in this room. It will be my final night hearing the cows mooing, the ducks quacking, and the geese gawking. Yes, I will miss these animals. I don't think ever get a chance to stay so close to these animals again.

To sum up all my feelings: It has been great being a student. I have enjoyed my stay here; the studying, the scenery, the weather(well, the temperature, not the rain), the peace and quiet, the break from life . To all who made this possible, thank you!

I'll be heading down to London tomorrow, and then flying back on the A380 on Tuesday. I won't have regular access to the Internet from tomorrow till at least a week after I arrive, since I have to reapply to Singnet, and their website says it takes at least 4 working days to get the connection done. Even my residential phone line is acting dodgy; I was trying to test call just now and all it returns is a busy tone. Perhaps my mum displaced the phone's handset accidentally when she last visited my house, or perhaps Singtel disconnected the line because it has been inactive for so long. Anyway, if you are a friend reading this, calling me on my HP from next Wednesday is probably a surer way of getting me.

My feeling right now: I am more of looking forward to getting back to Singapore than London. Come to think of it, putting off visiting London till the end is probably not such a good idea, since all I want to do now is to get home as quickly as possible. And dragging heavy luggages around is not my idea of an enjoyable trip. But well, I'll have the chance to visit the British Museum, and fly in the biggest plane.

Anyway, see you soon.

No comments: